The Second Edition of A Primer for the Master Genealogist, by Terry Reigel, has been released. This new edition was just released, and it covers the changes and updates in The Master Genealogist version 8, one of the most comprehensive genealogy applications, developed by Wholly Genes. Terry Reigel is a well-known expert within the TMG community, having written many articles about TMG, as well as maintaining Terry’s TMG Tips website.
If you are a TMG user, I’d highly recommend it, because chances are you’ve come across Terry’s TMG tips website. It can be purchased at Amazon.com for $24.95 plus shipping.
* TMG basic concepts
* Getting the initial data into TMG
* Finding your way around TMG
* Establishing personal standards for data entry
* Adding or Editing people, events, sources
* Creating Reports and Chartes
* Customizing TMG’s displays/screens
* Customizing events and sources
* Using Witnesses and Roles
* Understanding Projects and Data Sets