The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding from Darrin Lythgoe.
January, 2006 – GENDEX Database for TNG Launched – for more information, please read this page.
The Next Generation of Genealogy SitebuildingÂ© (“TNG”) is a powerful way to manage and display your genealogy data on the Internet, all without generating a single page of HTML. Instead, your information is stored in MySQL database tables and dynamically displayed in attractive fashion with PHP (a scripting language).
Eastman’s Online Genealogy Newsletter – June, 2004 – Dick Eastman
Actual user pages created with TNG
September 24, 2005
The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding was updated to version 5.0.7 – this was a minor update, and you can read the details/fixes here (GenealogySoftwareNews.com).
September 3, 2005
The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding 5.0.6 was released today. Version 5.0.6 is mostly bug fixes.
Note:The price for TNG is current $27 USD, and will be changing to $29 USD on September 7, 2005.
* Reports now support the standard Divorce event.
* The Image Mapp creation feature now adds a “title” tag for each link to enable tool tips in non-IE browsers.
* Since encrypted passwords take up roughly twice the amount of space that plain text passwords need, the size of the passwords field in the tng_users table has been increased to 100 characters.
* Using Admin/Edit Photo to update a photo record was wiping out the Last Modified date.
* “Private” notes were showing on the Browse Notes page.
* The cursor was not starting out in the Username field on the Admin login page.
* The standard Descendancy chart was not aligning properly when displayed in a centered environment.
* Lines continued with CONC in an exported GEDCOM were not prevented from dividing on a space.
* The ability to assign default photos in bulk was not restricted to administrator users.
* Some notes were being displayed in the wrong font size.
* It was impossible to edit or remove linkages from headstones to deleted individuals.
* Names with double quotes were causing HTML code to be displayed on the Relationship chart.
* Calling the getperson.php page without valid arguments (as some crawlers do) would cause TNG to return a list of all people with no spouse (fixed–this will now cause the script to exit).
* The GEDCOM tab was being displayed on the Show Photo page even when GEDCOM downloads were not permitted.
* Administrator changes to tentative edits submitted by other users were not being accepted.
* Links for Notes and Photos would not display if the linked individual had no first name.