This page last updated: March 20, 2007
Genbox Family History – Genealogy Application
Developer: Thoughtful Creations (contact page)
Genbox Family History is a complete genealogy software package. It will help you organize your research, store your data, enter proper source citations, and produce professional-quality charts and reports that you can preview and modify, then print or publish on the web.
For information on the many features of Genbox, click here.
Cost and Availability: Currently in active development. $29.95 for a single-user license. Downloads of maintenance versions and minor updates included in purchase. Discount on the next major release.
Trial Version: Available here (trial page). This is a 30-day, fully functioning trial. After 30 days, application will go into read-only mode. You can request a further 30 days if necessary. Download Page
Current Version: 3.7.0
Last Update: February 3, 2007
Required: Windows 95 or later (Windows 98, 2000, Me, NT, XP, Vista), Internet Explorer 4.0 or later.
Windows Vista: Lightly Tested with by us. Developer added official Vista support in 3.7.0
Language: Event templates available on the download page – languages available – Danish, German, Norwegian, Dutch, Polish, Portugese, French, Italian, Swedish, Russian, Slovak
- Version 3.7.0 – February 3, 2007
This version adds support for Windows Vista. It also contains a few enhancements and problem corrections. Translations have been updated for Slovak, Polish, and Russian.
ENHANCEMENTS / NEW FEATURES:
* Translations updated for Slovak.
* Translations added for Russian.
* Event templates and flag names added for Russian.
* Event templates and flag names updated for Polish.
* Summary Page: For Dutch, M,F,U,O sex indicators for children have been changed to M,V,O,A.
EASE OF USE:
* Adding a new individual: all Summary page controls except name, and all other tabs, are disabled.
* Subrecord scrollbars are now hidden when fewer than two subrecords.
* CHARTS: With “short places” checked, links to place name variants (without short names) show correctly on charts.
* RESEARCH SEARCH PAGE: When deleting the last search record in a database, the “No Current Record” message no longer appears.
- Version 3.6.3 Oct 5, 2005
- Version 3.6 Oct 2, 2005
- Version 3.5 July 9, 2005 Full Release Notes 3.5
- Version 3.4 March, 2005