The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding Version 8 has been updated to version 8.0.2.
TNG is an genealogy application that uses a MySQL database and PHP to add, edit, and display your genealogy information. While it is normally used on family websites, you can run it offline provided you have the appropriate server software installed, such as WAMP (Windows) or MAMP (Mac OS X).
Version 8.0.2 of TNG has quite a few fixes and improvements as you can see below. The main ones include fixes to help with TNG running inside of a CMS (Content Management System), along with various other fixes.
1. Anniversaries: Items on this page were not being sorted properly by date (fixed).
2. CMS: A few fixes were made to allow TNG to work correctly in a Content Management System (CMS) environment.
3. Import: The message indicating that a gedcom file was too large included characters that prevented it from being displayed (fixed).
4. Languages: A few new messages were added to display events in correct sentence structure in Danish (and possibly other languages).
5. Maps: Some characters in the ISO-8859-2 character set were not being displayed correctly (fixed).
6. Media: The Admin/Media/Import action was not showing up in the Admin Log (fixed).
7. Notes: Searches from Admin/Notes did not work if a tree was selected (fixed).
8. Pedigree: Vertical lines on the text-only chart were sometimes longer than they needed to be (fixed).
9. Pedigree: Adding children to a family via the pedigree chart would add the new individuals to the database, but they were not linked to the family (fixed).
10. Pedigree: When adding a new family and a new parent from the pedigree, the dropdown for Branch was not populated (fixed).
11. Privacy: A user linked to an individual in the database should have been able to find that person in a search, even if the user had no rights to see living data (fixed).
12. Privacy: Thumbnails and previews for images linked to living individuals were sometimes visible on some pages (fixed).
13. Privacy: In some cases where the user had rights to see living data, the names of living individuals were not being displayed in the search results (fixed).
14. Relationship: The wrong spouse descriptor was being used with same-sex relationships (fixed).
15. Repositories: The multiple select-and-delete feature did not work (fixed).
16. Search: A few issues relating to the Divorce event (when it appeared in the search results) were fixed.
17. Sources: The “Actual Text” data was not visible to anonymous visitors (fixed).
18. Templates: Some inconsistencies were corrected in templates 4 and 5 (Warning: If you upload the new template files, you will overwrite any direct customizations you have made).
19. Miscellaneous: Special characters were not being displayed correctly in some places (fixed).
20. Miscellaneous: The getAllTextPath function was moved from getlang.php to globallib.php so it could be available at the right points.
21. Miscellaneous: The “switchcolor” utility (to create new tabs) was referencing the wrong folder locations (fixed).
22. Miscellaneous: The “spinner” image was using the wrong dimensions in some places (fixed).
If you are a registered owner of TNG, you can download it at the links sent to you by Darrin Lythgoes. If you are not, the software is $29.99 (upgrade versions are available).